About me and my craft
Hello there. my name is Allan, a photographer based out here in the San Francisco Bay Area serving the Independent Cafes and Restaurants in the East Bay. I attended California State University - Hayward in 2005 and graduated at the New York Institute of Photography in 20012 with Merritt Award. I am an active East Bay Regional Parks Ambassador and a regular photography contributor since 2009. I am also an advocate in promoting locally owned, mom and pop, homegrown small businesses. I have a garden and I cultivate my own veggies where I sourced most of my healthy nutrients packed veggies.
The art and techniques of photography led me to food photography and food styling. This particular niche has also led me to prop styling and most of the props I collected were inspired by my ranch lifestyle back in the Philippines. Being brought up in a farm environment, I just could not resist to aim my lens onto food, especially organic food. My former way of living is the foundation of my photographic voice which present food in a rustic, yet refreshing and appetizing angle. Appreciating food is the central ingredient to producing a believable and enjoyable food story. My understanding of seeing and manipulating light helped developed a distinct flair that complements my unique photographic voice.
13 Things about me:
1. I can play piano, do a double axle and split jump on an ice skate, and now learning how to play violin
2. Played figure skating as a young boy and became a martial artist as a teen
3. Love hiking and chasing light rays in the forest
4. Developed more than 5 websites using php and mysql as a hobby
5. I picked up my first camera when my best friend dropped his.
6. I believe in God & I believe in miracles
7. I am drawn to collecting rustic farm style and primitive kitchen stuff.
8. I’m a Pinterest addict
9. I love doing things the last minute
10 Love coffee. I roast coffee, grind my own coffee beans... manually and I brew my own coffee at home..
11. I collect percussions such as dejembe, bongo, conga, maracas, cajon, chimes, cowbells and anything that can make noise.
12. I am drawn to farmlands and farmhouse style interior designs
13. My favorite places to hunt for antique props are Eco Thrift, Valley Antiques, Ebay, Etsy.com, Thrift Town, Salvation Army and Flea Market.